Saturday, February 25, 2012

Peas, potatoes, and leeks... Oh my!

This week was a little different than most... Dad was in Daytona (working/goofing off. Haha! I'm still jealous he got to talk to Travis Pastrana...) so that left me to my own defenses for both farms. Next time he's gone, I really hope it's not when rain is quickly closing in and we need to plant potatoes and several thousand leeks. That's a little scary since we've never planted them before and I'm not familiar with planting them.



Luckily we got in 15 bundles for Dad on Thursday afternoon, thanks to Ducky since Mama had her Spanish class serving dinner to their parents. It was rough (I was attacked by ants) and an interesting learning experience.

Now, HG has planted in the ground some organic sugar snap peas and, what will be naturally-grown Yukon Gold potatoes. Dad is planting about 1,000 leeks for me today since I'm at Day 2 of the Georgia Organics Convention in Columbus. This convention has been very informative and another wonderful learning experience. My only dilemma is that it's 10:00 AM, my stomach is growling and I only have a tangerine in my bag i saved for Abigail. They're not my favorite. Oh well... My stomach has quieted a little now and I'm not as embarrassed.

Hope everyone has a great weekend and check back soon for next week's adventures.

Steph

Note: oranges don't make your stomach stop growling.

No comments:

Post a Comment