Friday, April 20, 2012

Marketbound!

It's official! Homegrown Girl LLC (fancy huh?) is officially selling produce tomorrow at the Peachtree City Farmers Market. It's located behind the Bank of America on Hwy 54 near Partner's Pizza and is going on from 9AM till 1PM. Come by and check it out. I'll be set up at the Minter's Farm tent since I only have a couple of things ready now. Mom and I cut all the spinach that was ready (over 2 bushels) and one heavy bushel of wild arugula. I'm pumped to be heading to the market for the first time with my own stuff!

Now about the farm... Things have been a little crazy at the farm these last few weeks. We've been planting for both farms and getting a deer fence up (the hubby is extremely upset about that one). I now have, in addition to all the other things, over 100 tomatoes planted, 6 rows of okra, 2 rows of beans, about 40 cucumber plants, 15 squash plants and 30 zucchini plants (15 green and 15 yellow). Everything but the tomatoes are what I started in the greenhouse last month. I had a little bit of problems with the tomatoes but they're on the mend and there are several more started again.

Thank you to all of you who have supported me and given me moral support along the way. It's a little scary and a ton of fun at the same time. I hope to succeed and make Homegrown Girl be something truly amazing.

1 comment: