Saturday, January 21, 2012

My first wood project

About 2 weeks ago, a friend of mine asked me of I could come up with something for her soon-to-be niece's birthday. I'd already made her a sign and her mama was requesting either something to hang coats on or a toy box. Well, you know how much I love Pinterest... And I happened to have just pinned a toy box on one of my boards so I said WHY NOT?? Haha! I'm not much of a woodworker but I gave it my best effort.

So I had a local hardware store cut the MDF board to the measurements on the plan (I ended up having to recut the wood myself!) and went to putting it together.

It was fun and interesting since it has been fairly cold here lately. So working in a cold barn was pretty tough. But it was still fun learning how to do it.

The finished product is actually different than the picture below... I took the purple flowers off and replaced them with single hot pink flowers. The finished toy box was much better looking! I hope they were all pleased with it... I really enjoyed doing it and would really do more soon. I need to think of different designs and paint themes.

No comments:

Post a Comment