Monday, November 7, 2011

Day 1

Well, today was a both easier and more difficult than I imagined. The fabric trees were fairly easy (once I figured out I needed to cut a little different). Even the fabric I thought I'd have the most trouble with was pretty easy. Of the course it was the only one that went smoothly. I still need to put embellishments on them, but so far there are 6 made (I ran out of poster board).




With the remaining pieces, I fashioned additional, smaller trees to make other items. I decided to make tissue trees (courtesy of a pin on Pinterest) and jute and ribbon wrapped trees. I'm really looking forward to it all. I didn't realize it would take so long to cut up the tissue and get them twisted up! Good grief!  I have a cramp in my left thumb.

I can't wait for tomorrow... I'll be tackling the wreaths, burlap ornaments and beaded ornaments too.

You know, the best part out of all this is that I have had the chance to spend the entire day with my little girl. She's so funny, except when she tries to steal the scissors.

Dinner was great tonight... I cooked my sister's Spaghetti Pie recipe but added a little something extra that really knocked it out of the park. Pepperoni! Who knew?! I'm really excited about tomorrow's meal: taco soup. I haven't made it in forever... it's so yummy!

Well, it's time to pay attention to some MNF. Go Bears!

Till tomorrow,  y'all!

Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment